Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Catching up Or What I Can Remember?

Wow. . . sleep deprivation is a real drag. I've been so tired. Staying up past midnight for about a week now. Partly my fault, mostly my hubby's fault. He was night driving and would call me to help him stay awake. Which I didn't mind just that the kids sleep when their suppose to. For them it's early to bed early to rise. Doesn't matter how late I'm up. They will always be up before 7 am. *Oy*

The days have been a blur. Kinda meshed together. I don't think I've done anything out of the norm? Anyway, I do remember. . . I think it was Saturday night that the hubs needed me to stay up because he had finally made it back to Dallas, TX to hopefully make it through the upgrading tests. To switch from trainee to regular pay driver. I knew he would do just fine but he was having doubts due to his trainer being a cruddy one. My hubby has asthma and certain cleaners/chemicals can flair him up really bad. To the point of hospitalization. He told his trainer this before they began. That night his trainer was so done with my hubby. Even though he didn't do anything wrong. The trainer just wanted him gone. I can only guess as to why? Perhaps the trainer was racist? (the hubs is part native american) Or couldn't handle his night terrors that are brought on by extreme amounts of stress. I dunno? But his trainer, that night, wanted the hubs off. Told him to get his stuff off the truck so he can clean it. Get it ready for the next student driver. Just as my husband got the last of his stuff off the truck. The trainer started spraying down the inside of the truck with Lysol. The worse thing you can use to cause an asthma attack. My hubby couldn't do anything about it. The trainer told him that he had forgotten about his asthma. My hubby called me in a panic. He did not know what to do because they were suppose to finish up Sunday morning with a couple of hours of backing practice. It didn't happen. My hubby got a room in a hotel and his trainer took off to meet up with a local girl friend. The trainer is married to a woman in CA by the way. Moral standards for trainer. . . "0" I'm grateful that the hubs made it through a very challenging ordeal. I'm proud of him for sticking it out and keeping to his faith and covenants.

He spent most of Sunday held up in his room sick as a dog but was able to get the much needed rest after all the crud his trainer had put him through. Yesterday he started the upgrading process. He did very well at his driving and aced the back ups. No problems there however, he didn't pass the written portion. This is were his trainer had messed up. My hubby's log books were ALL wrong. One of the duties of the trainer was to double check those and make correction before entering them in to the computer log. HR looked into all the that had been entered. EVERYTHING was a mess. This was my hubs saving grace to keeping his job. The company did not fault my husband for failing the written portion of the upgrading process. It was the trainer that failed at his job. To the point that the trainer will be given one more chance with another student driver BUT if that turns out the same. My hubby's old trainer my be left with no job in the future.

Anyway, after figuring out where the problems were. The company decided it would be best to place him with a new trainer for another week before retaking the written test. He passed the driving and back ups so he doesn't have to do that part again. This time he's with a guy that is much nicer and more respectful of others. They left the terminal yesterday evening and headed somewhere? (he hasn't told me yet) I can hear it in his voice that things are going much smoother and he and his trainer are getting along nicely. Thank you heavenly father for answering this prayer. Thank you.

Now for today. . . on this lovely morning. The kids are sick. I am beat. AND I have a black sugar ant problem invading the house from the backyard. *ugh* I'm praying that Dale will feel well enough to want to go to school this afternoon. I could use a nap. I know I should probably keep him home but I'm not going to stop him if he feels better and wishes to have fun at school. Instead of staying here at home driving me nuts.

But we shall see. . . I will continue this later.

Love you my truck driven Papa you. . .  oxoxoxoxoxo. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment