Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Day Before Yesterday, Yesterday and Today

I apologize to those who enjoy reading this blog for I did not post one the day before yesterday and yesterday due to my hubby passing through late the other night and that I was in the middle of writing the day before yesterdays post when he called to have me go pick him up. AND trying to push myself to get things done yesterday on very little sleep.

So, for tonight ya'll get an extra long read bout what happened the day before yesterday, yesterday and today all in one post. Yeah!

The day before yesterday:

Last night I was left with not knowing if my hubby was going to make the all night drive to his next stop. Woke up just after 6 am. This time to a hungry 4 year old opening my blinds and telling me "it's morning time. . . get up mommy." Aden was awake also but not fussy at that point. I checked my phone and through a series of text messages plus a couple of voice mails. My husbands made it safely.

Struggled my way out of bed to fetch the toddler some milk and to clean up a massively HUGE mess in his diaper. Was grateful that it was still contained to the diaper. Hmmm. . . must be the yummy smoothies that I keep making for desert after dinner in the evenings. Dunno? What I do know is that Aden is still having diarrhea like poops today. Dale didn't do anything until just before bed and it too was diarrhea-ish. Been this way since Sunday night. I hope that whatever it is that upsetting their little systems will pass soon.

Anyway, the morning went by rather slowly. The kids played after breakfast. Aden went down for a nap at 11:30am. And had Dale on the bus by 12:05. Had me a nice quiet lunch. After that Aden woke and we headed to Wally world for some more diapers. While we were there I walked by the potty chairs in the store. Stopped. Asked Aden if he wanted to start using one of these potty chairs. He nodded yes. There was two options that I could afford. One very basic green and white chair or one basic shaped like some kind of frog chair. I asked Aden which one of them he would like me to buy? I pointed to the basic green and white. "nuh-uh" with a cute side to side body shake. I pointed to the frog one. He laughed and nodded very excitedly yes to that chair. I made my purchases and the toddler and I went home. Was home bout 2:30. So we just chilled and played for a little while as well as started putting the potty training into swing. First attempt was a no go but he sat down on it without any problems. The second attempt just before bath time was a success! He was very excited to have gone in the potty chair. Did not make it a couple of times after but the one right before bed was a success. I know 16 months is early for potty training and yes I don't expect him to get it right away. Dale took a while and I know Aden will too. 

Mean while, with my hubby out on the road. Called me earlier in the day to tell me that he was going to be dropping a load about a 30 min drive from home. Plus he would be done for the night and could come home for a few hours. Yeah! at first but then. . . He was not going to be there until 9 or 10 at night. *crud* At first we weren't sure how we going to get him home without me have to wake the kids and drag'em across town. Not know how long it was going to take getting back home. Luckily my hubby had a friend offer to help him if he ever got ditched somewhere or left or something like that. His friend would help get him home. I decided that it would be better for me to get the hubs and have his friend stay with our sleeping children. This worked out well because my hubby's friend teaches college classes and had some things to do online for that purpose.

While I was waiting for the hubs to call to let me know when he was about an hour from his destination. Got Dale from the bus, fixed dinner, played, Aden to bed at 7:30 and Dale was out at 8:30. I got on the computer to write this post but was interrupted by a phone call just after 9. He was about 59 miles out and told me to get ready to come get him. My hubby's friend showed up at the house at around 9:30. After that I headed across town. 30 minutes later I was at the yard where he was due to drop his load and pick up another one. I got there bout 20 minutes before he showed up. Waited another 15-20 minutes for him and his trainer to drop the trailer and pick up another one. When they were done I followed them in the car to a truck stop not too far from where they dropped their load. Something wasn't right. The hubs was not stopping to park in the lots. We went around the truck service station and drove all the way back to the yard. Turned out that they were given the wrong trailer. So we waited. It took about another 30 or so minutes to try to figure it out. They did finally let'em drop the trailer in the yard so that we could go back to the truck stop. Learn something new: When a semi-truck has no trailer on it it referred to as "Bob-tailing or Bobtail." Anyway, it was well after midnight when the hubs and I could finally go home. When we got home. We pulled out the laundry he had to wash, showered and then to bed at some time after 2 am. *sigh*

Yesterday:

 I got maybe. . . maybe three hours of sleep before the toddler was up and wanting out of his crib. Dale was up also but I'm not sure if tried to wake me. He had already turn on the Netflix on the TV and was watching curious George. I'm not even sure if he was really happy about his daddy being home. I thought that maybe he was mad at him. However he told me that he was not. He just didn't want daddy to get up and change his show. That's one of the rules we have. "When daddy is home it is his turn to watch what he wants on Netflix." This is due to the fact that daddy is not home much and I really don't care much about watching TV much anymore. So Dale gets it to himself most of the time.

Anyway, fed the kids breakfast and did some emails while waiting for the hubs to wake up. He was up around 8:30 or so and had come out to park is butt on the couch and let the kids claim all over him. They were soo happy that he was home. Even if it was for only a little while. I on the other hand was having mixed feelings. I was happy that he was home and enjoying his company, playing around. But then things kind of reverted back to as if he didn't have the job. I was constantly getting him things. Fixed him and the kids things to eat and my hubby was lost staring at the TV. Playing with the boys of course. But I was feeling left out and a little under appreciated. He been having a hard time being away from us emotionally and has been considering looking for a more local job. I keep reminding him that we've talked about this and that we knew it was going to be hard. What makes me a little unhappy about his wanting to find another job is that he had just started the one he has. it's only been bout three and half weeks. He's almost done with training and then can move on to the next step. After taking one last test. Plus all the emotional crud we had gone through to get him to the job to begin with. We've done too much to give up now! I keep telling him to have faith in Heavenly Father and himself. He can do this. I now he can. Yes, it will be hard. Yes it means being away from me and the kids for long periods of time. But I'm tired of living off of others. I'm tired of always having to ask for help. I'm tired of not being able to take care of myself the way I want to because we have no extra money for me to do so. The business we started is not making any real money right now to support us outside of the business needing anything that comes in to support itself. We can't rely on that right now. I don't know when things will take off for our business. All I know is that we are making the sacrifice now to have a better, brighter future and be happily out of debt. It's not all about the money. It sucks that society is based on it. You can't do much with out it. I tell him time and time again that I love him and I'm proud of what he is doing for our family.

Any who, the morning went by slowly. Papa with the boys having fun, relaxing before having to head back to the truck. *sigh* When it was time to take Dale to school. Dale did not really want to go. He wanted to be with his daddy. It was kinda funny and sad that Papa had to carry Dale on to the bus and place him in his seat to make him go to school. My husband was also having a hard time too. But we talked about. After Dale was on his way. The hubs, Aden and I helped get daddy ready to head back to work. Before we made the track back. We stopped and had a very nice lunch at a local Chinese Restaurant. After that we got daddy to the truck on time and I with Aden headed back home.

Got home in time to get Dale from the bus stop. He got off the bus in a much better mode than when he got on. Thank goodness. I fixed dinner, fed them, they played for a bit and then it was off to another family's house. I needed to get to the office. Not just to do some paperwork but also to get back up to speed with how the business is going. It's going good. Just waiting for the go ahead on some proposals. Got done about 9:30pm. Picked up the kids from the sitter and took them home. bathed them and had them both in bed by 10:30. I should have done the same thing however I wanted a shower and my brain would not shut up. I think I went to sleep about just after midnight. A very loooong day on no more than 3 hours sleep.

Today:

This morning was the usual wake up call of my toddler. It was hard pulling myself out of bed. I hope for a moment that he might go back to sleep if I give him some milk and clean him up. But it did not happen. As soon as I hit my bed he was screaming to get out. Dale on the other hand was doing the very thing I wished at that moment I could do. He was sound asleep. Aden was happy to be out of the crib and on the move. Fed him breakfast and proceeded to continue the potty training process. When Aden and I were done and seated on the couch. Dale finally woke up. Gave him some breakfast and the kids decided it was play time. After a while Aden started to get really fussy. He wanted to take a nap. I was thinking about trying to keep him up until after Dale went to school. But no go. He was ready for a nap at 10:30am. I put him down for a nap and he was happy again. After that I popped down working on this post to get everyone up to speed on what's been going on. Plus my hubby likes reading this too.

Anyway, Aden was up after I had taken Dale to the bus and sent him on his way. Aden and I had lunch and worked some more on the potty training. He's been doing good so far and as long as I take him in about every hour or so just to practice. If he goes during that time great! if not that's ok to. He started getting fussy with me again after a while. Turned out that he just wanted some alone time to play in his room with one of the dogs. it was cute. It was also one of those moments that you wished you had a camera on hand but didn't think about it until after the fact. Yes, it was cute and I had no camera on me and the moment was gone to quick. I did not do much this afternoon because I was and still am very very tired. No afternoon nap for Mr. Aden. He didn't want to. Also for some strange reason all Aden been wanting to eat today is bananas. For a couple of weeks he wanted nothing to do with'em. Now, today. He couldn't get enough. Good thing I bought a bunch the other day.

Dale got home at 4:15. started dinner as I watched a nasty dust storm roll in. Dinner, bathed the kids, played, smoothies, Aden in bed at 7:30 and Dale out like a light at 8:30.

It's been a crazy week and it's only Thursday. Praying that tomorrow will be better.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment