Sunday, September 9, 2012

Four Weeks Now

Wow. . . I can't believe it's been four weeks since my hubby left to go become a professional truck driver. AND I've only seen him twice in that time. What stinks more is that I may not get to see him for about two more weeks because when he is done training he has to get back to Dallas, TX to get his own truck or to team up with another driver in their truck. We didn't think it was going to be this long but I had a feeling that things were gonna turn out this way. It's only going to be for a little while longer and then once everything falls into a routine. He'll be home more. I pray that all will be well.

Anyway, once again the kiddos did not wake until 7am. Yes! Keep it up boys. . . its helping mama! Got up cleaned up the toddler and fed them breakfast. After that they played while I slipped into a quick shower that was interrupted twice resulting in the floor in my room getting wet trying to herd everyone out including the dogs. When I was done, I got dressed and headed into the kitchen to cleanup some dishes. Took some fun pictures of the boys in their imaginings. Then started on the Sunday pancakes with a side of watermelon. Yes, we still have good ones. After an early lunch. The kids and I got ready for church and was out the door by 12:10. At this point Aden had not taken a nap.

The first hour of church the boys did very well. They played and snacked on cheerios quietly and I actually got to here more of the talks that were given today. I don't remember too much what they were about but I do remember hearing more of it. Instead of "Dale stop it. . . let your brother have that. . . you have plenty of room quit complaining." Also, "Aden NO. . .no. . .no. . . Stop . . . stop it. . . put that back. . . put that down." and so on. They've gotten better. Thank goodness. For the second hour Dale was happily off to primary. Aden and I went to the baby class. It was supper cuteness today. Aden and another boy name Hyrum who is only two weeks old the my boy, were laughing and giggling chasing each other around the room just having a good old time. When class was over took Aden for a pants change and headed to Relief Society. My wiggly toddler actually stayed in the room with me for all but the last 15 minutes. He was getting very sleepy at this point. So he wanted to get out and walk around. Church was done at 3:30 and all the children ran outside to play on the big lawn. To my surprise Aden was still very much awake playing with a couple of other toddlers in the dirt and rocks. Dale on the other hand was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Craziness and fun horsin' around with the other boys. It was cute to watch. Plus what made it even cuter was Dale trying to tell the older boys what to do and the older boys just went along with the game.

And I think that today was the first day that I really felt a hint of coolness to the breezes outside. It's been three months or so of triple digit heat with what seemed like no end in site. But today I felt it. The first sign of fall approaching. It was nice.

We were home by 4:15. Aden had finally went to sleep in the five minute car ride home. I tried to get him in and to bed for a nap. However he wasn't having it today. So I left him out to play with his brother while I got started on dinner. We ate, bathed, green smoothies and watched some cartoons. Dale fell asleep on the couch at 7 and Aden off to bed by 7:25. Another early evening for me tonight. AND boy do I need it. A movie of my choice and a tall glass of chocolate milk. Yum. . .    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment