Sunday, September 2, 2012

Poo and Church

Was awaken by the toddler at 5:30am. He was wet, poopy and hungry. I gave him some milk, cleaned him up and went back to bed in hopes that he would go back to sleep. A miracle happened. I did not wake again until 7. I don't know if he went back to sleep or not but he was happy and singing to himself. Dale was no where to be seen. So I laid there for a minute or two listening to Aden sing.

Got out of bed about 7:30 because the mood and temperament over the monitor began to change. I went to get him out of the crib and Dale woke up. Fed them breakfast and after that slipped quickly in to the shower while every one was happy. Got out, dressed and checked on the kids to make sure everyone was in one piece. The children played while I started on throwing stuff in to the crock pot to make my yummy no-meat chili. Cleaned up some dishes and then made some Sunday pancakes for an early lunch. After that we got ready for church and was out the door at 12:10pm. We were early but that was ok.

Everything was going well until Dale decided that he wanted to go get a drink of water from the fountain in the hall. I told him no because I had a bottle of water in the diaper bag for him. He didn't want it and then proceeded to say repeatedly for all but the last 10 minutes of the first hour. "I wanna go home. . . I don't like church anymore. . . I don't like you. . . I wanna go home. . ." All I could say to him. "If the more you tell me you want to go home. The more it is that we need to stay here." Of course it did not make much difference in his behavior. When the last song was sung and the closing prayer given. Dale's mood did a 180 and was excited to go to primary. Aden did well in the baby class until he made a boom boom in his pants. He decided to announce it to the class by saying, "POO!" and grabbing the back of his diaper. Couldn't help but laugh and excused ourselves. I picked up my things to escort the toddler to a changing table. On the way one of the sisters that used to be my visiting teacher stopped to ask how things were going and how I was holding up with the kids alone. It was nice talking to another adult. Don't get me wrong I love my boys just that there level of communication does not quite do it for me all the time. After I cleaned him up we wondered the halls. Tried to get him to stay in the Relief Society room but no go. Aden was determined to stay awake for as long as possible. At 3 he finally crashed on my lap while sitting on the couch in the hall. Peace for about thirty minutes. *sigh*

When church was done I scooped up the toddler and went to get Dale from his class. While outside one of my current visiting teachers came up to me and said she was sorry about missing last month. Also she told me that she would try her best to help me find some help with the kids so that I can get more things done with my husband and I business. Our business partner has become very busy and is running out of time to do the books as well as could really use more help from me for the paperwork office stuff. He'll be glad to her that more help for me is on the way.

Anyway, Aden woke up while we were outside. Dale played with his friends until everyone was ready to leave. When we got home Dale really REALLY wanted to make cookies. I made him promise me that he would eat his dinner before he could have a cookie. He told me ok. I fed the kids my yummy chili while I baked the cookies. After that got them bathed, they played some more, ate cookies, played and then Aden in bed at 7:40 and Dale to bed at 8:30. I pray that they will sleep well tonight.

Side note: My hubby has been gone from home for three weeks now with the exception of one night. He told me that he had a very realistic dream this morning. He swore that he had Dale in his arms sleeping with him. My hub woke and Dale was gone. Out of curiosity I asked Dale if he had a dream last night. He said, "Yes, I was dreaming me with daddy driving his truck. . . yeah showing me how to drive it." This made me smile because I knew Dale was with him last night in spirit because he did not crawl into my bed at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment