Saturday, September 1, 2012

To Potty Train Or Not To Potty Train. . .?

Dare I say it. . . yep! 6 am. . . again. *sign* Why did I stay up until midnight last night? Oy. . . This morning of course I didn't want to move. In fact at one point in the night I let Dale crawl into my bed because I did not feel like putting him back for the four time. Aden on the other had slept fine but was crying when he woke up and I finally heard him on the monitor. Walked in to their room to change him. Discovered not only that he was soaked beyond the diaper. It was fully loaded to. I've should have expected it since he hardly went poo yesterday. The mess almost warranted a bath but I was able to clean it up. I placed a clean diaper on him and went to get him some clean clothes. Came back and found him reaching for me with diaper in hand, not on his butt. And yes he had added more wetness to the bed as well.

I think it's time to start potty training. He knows how to take the diaper off whenever he doesn't have his pants on and even then he has managed to take those off also. Aden has shown a lot of interest in the potty. I'm not surprised by this because Dale keeps letting Aden into the bathroom every time he goes potty. Tells me that he wants Aden to do it to.

But I wonder? Is it too early to start potty training him. He's only 16 mos. old. Dale didn't start until he was 22 mos. I'm not sure what to do. I know if I start that'll mean having to try to wake up before the toddler does. To get him on the potty in the morning. AND get him in there about every hour or so to see if he needs to go. Plus, I would need to buy a new little potty for him as well as the pull ups to make it a little easier. Gosh. . . I think he is still too little to be out of the crib and in a big boy bed. This is hard trying to figure out what to do. Dale the transition was easy. He was almost two. Aden. . . he's not even in nursery at church yet and I'm feeling that he is ready to start potty training. I also feel that if I don't start him soon he will lose interest and then not want to potty train until he's 3. However I don't want to traumatize him either by starting too early.

Hmmm. . .  I guess the only thing I can do is get a little potty and see what he does.

Anyway, the day has been fairly uneventful. Fed the boys breakfast. They played while I worked on some emails and paid some bills. Felt good to actually pay some things on time for a change. Just have to wait until next Friday to pay the rest. Then see about paying some towards my husband and I debt. Wished his training pay was more but I'm grateful for whatever I can get. Something is always better than nothing.

We had lunch around 11 and Aden was down for a nap at 1pm. It did not last long. He was up to play again at 2. Spent the rest of the afternoon lost in the kids imaginations. Not sure what it all was. The theme kept changing bout every 5 minutes or so. Fixed dinner at 5, bathed, played, a real quick video chat with papa and then the kids off to bed by 8pm. Took Aden a little while to go to sleep tonight. Every time I tried to leave the room he would wake back up. Must not be feeling to good. Praying that he will sleep tonight AND that Dale will stay in his own bed. . . Please.

Mama needs some serious sleep. *sigh*  

No comments:

Post a Comment