Again sorry for not posting anything yesterday. Tired, busy and had things to get done.
Yesterday morning started out at just before 7 am. Followed the same routine of breakfast, playtime, emails and facebook. Did some laundry. Put Aden down for a nap at 11:30. Got Dale a light lunch and off to school by 12:05. Aden woke up at 12:30 and headed to the store for some more milk. Yes my kids are milk junkies and that's fine with me. We got back home after 1:30. Did not do much during the afternoon except play and hang out with the toddler. No trips to the potty yesterday. He just didn't want to. That's ok because at this point we're practicing. I think when he starts nursery at church I'll push myself to be more on top of him about using the potty. Been too tired to stay to a schedule so that he goes more in the potty then the diaper.
Aden and I walked out to the bus stop at 4. We all came in the house by 4:15. I started dinner at 4:30. Ate, then played. No bath because I then had to take the kiddos to a sitter and head over to the office to get some book keeping done. Was done at 8:40. Went picked up the kids. Their sitter asked me if I could watch her kids tomorrow morning at around 9am. Sure! I said. Completely forgetting that I have visiting teachers coming at 9:30. Meaning a full house for a couple of hours. Anyway, this meant that I needed to cleanup a couple of major things before going to bed. We were home at 9:15 and the kids straight to bed by 9:30.
After that I had a nice long chat with the hubs because he was doing a shift of night driving and we both needed to talk to each other. At about 10:15. I got off the phone and started work on cleaning the fish tank. It had started to look really green on the glass, water was cloudy and the filter was grossly full. It was a little over due for a good dump n' scrub. I took all the fish out of the tank before I got started because I didn't want to risk killing them with the filth I was about to stir up. All but the last 5 gallons of the tank was drained, the glass as well as the filter scrubbed and the tank refilled with fresh clean water by 11:30pm. When I had the filter running again I stopped there and went to work on cleaning the bird cage. It to was a little over due. That didn't take very long. Just dump the tray in a garbage bag, vacuum, wipe it down and place nice clean paper back in the tray and place it back in the cage. Simple. When that was done I went back to the fish tank. Place all the fake environment stuff back in the tank and last the fish. It was about 12:30 am when I was done. Took a much needed shower after that. Got out was in the process of getting ready for bed. Dale comes screaming into my room. His foot was in pain. . . lots and lots of pain. Enough to wake him from a dead sleep kind of pain. The source of his pain was a mosquito bit right on the bottom of his foot near the middle. *Ouchy* He let me look at it and it had developed a very small blister BUT he would not let me touch it to see if I could pop it to relieve the fluid pressure built up on the bottom of his foot. All he would let me do was put some anti-itch cream and some Ibuprofen to help with the pain.
When it was all said and done it was a little after 1 am. Dale was back in his bed asleep but I couldn't sleep. So I grabbed my book and started to read to help quiet my mind. Checked the time when I was finally drained enough to sleep. It was 2:36am. *oy*
Busy day:
I would like to begin this by saying that the kids slept in until 8 am because of having such a rough night. However in the whole ordeal with Dale last night. Aden did not wake. He slept right on through and by this bright and early morning. He was well rested, ready to take on the day. He just had to scream for about 10 minutes or so to get my butt out of bed at 6:30. Dale on the other hand did the very thing I wanted to do soo badly at that time, sleep. He was in my bed sleeping peacefully. Oh. . . how I wanted to be in his place. I closed the bedroom door and proceeded with the normal routine of cleaning up the toddler, milk followed by breakfast and playtime. While Aden was happy for the moment I got started on making some yummy home made bread. I didn't need to but I wanted the house to smell yummy before two lovely little girls came over to play. Plus two lovely visiting teachers due not to long after that. While the bread was rising I cleaned up the boys bathroom that really needed it due to potty training efforts and the fact that little boys don't always aim to please. It was bad.
The little girls showed up at 9:05 and were shy to be in my home. Once I told them that they can go into the boys room to play with the toys and give them permission to have fun making a mess. They relaxed and started having fun. One of the teachers showed up at bout 9:40 and we chatted on the front porch because it was actually nice out this morning and so that I could hear her. Four children, four and under can make quite a bit of noise plus "My Little Pony" was playing on the TV. The other sister teacher came 10 minutes later and shared a message with me while watching the little one wonder in and out of the house. It was nice. They left about 11am. Fed Dale lunch. The boys and the girls enjoyed a cookie each and left the room to deal with a phone call from my hubs and I business partner. When I got off the phone the other room was quiet. . .to quiet. I go to look. . . Huh ho. . . The younger of the two little girls had broken one of the doors to my entertainment cabinet. This made me very very upset however I tried really hard not to let the kids know this except for telling them that it had made me very angry. I did nothing more. Just tried to fix it but I couldn't get it back together. We had bought this piece of furniture from Ikea a while ago so I'm hoping that they might still have the part I would need to replace it. However I don't really have the money to buy a replacement door. When their mother came to get the girls I showed it to her and she told me that she will give it to her husband to see if he can fix it. Either way it will be alright.
30 minutes after they left. Aden, Dale and I walked out to the bus stop. After that I pulled a hard drive out of a computer to return to a customer. Then picked up my pills, the UPS store for new movies that had arrived and to the reptile store for food for the snake. Was home by 2:15pm. Had an afternoon snack with the toddler. Relaxed for a bit chillen' on the couch. Got Dale from the bus. Fixed dinner, ate, bathed, watched one of the new movies. Aden to bed at 7 this time because his nap was spent in the car and Dale was out half way through the movie at 8. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment