Sorry about not posting the tales of what went on yesterday. I was just plain tired. Feeling warn out and still having to move myself to get things done or nothing will get done. *Oy* Not much happened yesterday. Except the night before. I was making my way to bed. In fact I was just about to lift the covers and slip on in. When I heard the deafening scream. . . well what would be for someone else. Oh dear. . . is all I could say to myself as I placed the covers back where they were and made my way to the boys room. Aden was screaming and crying standing in his crib. Dale was moaning and upset that Aden had woke him up. At first I thought that Dale just had another night terror and HIS screaming woke Aden. Nope it was the other way around. So I picked Aden up and tried to rock him back to sleep. After a couple minutes I gentle place him down in bed. Then comforted Dale and they were both back to sleep. As soon as I sat down on my bed. *AHHhhhh. . .!* Aden was up again. So was Dale. They were both crying. Again I rocked the toddler back to sleep. Again just as I was about to get comfortable. *Ahhhh. . .!* This time I went into the medicine cabinet and got the infant Ibuprofen and gave a dose to Aden. Again I rocked him back to sleep and made my way back to bed. *Ahhhh. . .!* This time I did not get out of bed. I've done all I could and he's just gonna have to cry it out until the meds kick in. This took about 30 minutes or so. I waited until he stopped. Checked on the boys and went to bed.
If only they could do me the favor of sleeping in after keeping me up until midnight. REALLY. . .I mean really. . . 6:25 to wake up. Come on! You owe me least til 8am. But noo. . . Things have to run by the same old routine. *sigh* Oh well. . .
The morning routine went like clockwork with the exception of some awesome timing on my part to have Aden do a poopy in the potty. He wasn't all to happy about it at first. However he was very happy when we were done. Yeah Aden! After that we didn't make too many trips to the potty on time. That's ok, we're just practicing. Put Aden down for a nap, played a round of mancala with Dale and lunch. The morning flew by quickly and had Dale off to school by 12:05pm. Aden woke about 1 pm and we headed to the store for some much needed bathroom items. Plus more infant ibuprofen. was home by 2:30. Had a nice snack with the toddler. Chilled on the couch until it was time to get Dale.
Fixed dinner at 4:30, ate at 5, had the kids in the bath by 6 and played while watching cartoons until bedtime. 7:30 for Aden and 8:30 for Dale.
Today:
Last night was fairly uneventful, thanks to giving the toddler some pain meds right before bed. A big storm had moved in again and was thundering up pretty good by the time I got to bed. Shut down the computers just in case of a power outage. It didn't happen but ya know. Anyway, the kids were up a 7am. Thank you. I was up but not quiet awake. Fed them breakfast and they played while I did some emails and of course facebook. Can't help myself for looking at it. I have no grown ups to talk to other than my hubby on the phone. It would be nice to engage in a conversation with another adult but no one ever comes over or calls beside the hubs.
The weather outside this morning was wonderful. Dark, cloudy and rain. Lots and lots of rain. It made me kinda home sick for the familiar places of my old home in Washington State. I really want to go visit there bad. Just don't have the money to at the moment.
Today I decided it would be cleaning day since my two lovely children decided to pull out ever single toy that they owned out of their room and dump it all over the family room. It was a hoarders paradise of toys. I didn't like it. The only nice thing about the toys being out of their room was that I could get the floor vacuumed and mopped while things were out of the way. Once that was done we started to put the big stuffed animals in the room first. Followed by the medium and then the small ones. Stopped in the middle of doing that because Aden was getting really fussy and uncooperative. So I put him down for a morning nap. When he woke about an hour later. We started the cleanup process again. Had to stop a second time to get Dale some lunch as well as get him ready for school. It was still raining fairly hard outside when it was time to go. I had to do a selfish thing. Instead of taking the toddler with us to the bus stop. I put him in his room and shut the door. I didn't want to take him while it was raining because A: he doesn't like it. B: I would be stuck holding him under the umbrella. C: I just did not want to deal with having to clean him up if he decided that mud was a fun thing. I was only gone a few minutes. After that I continued the cleaning process again. My boys have six boxes that I got from Ikea. Two hard plastic and four cloth covered. I had to dump them all out on to the floor so that I could get any loose cheerios, dirt or dog hair out of the boxes. Plus they were fairly mixed up and needed some organization. Not my strong suit but I have to force myself to do it. I'm a recovering hoarder. It's important to keep up with cleaning and organization even though it goes against my old habits. Put Aden down for a afternoon nap. And had ALL the toys sorted, put away in their room and proceeded to vacuum and mop the family room area. It felt good to get something done today. Relaxed for about 45 minutes or so and then went out to wait for Dale. Aden was still asleep when I left.
We got back in. Aden was awake and happy to play in a nicely cleaned room and room to run around the family room without stepping or tripping over anything. I got to enjoy the nice clean room for about an hour before things started to come out again. Oh well. . . Fixed dinner, bathed the boys, played, green smoothie, Dale was out on the couch by 7 and Aden off to bed at 7:30. He didn't fell to sleep until 8:30. Just played with a toy and sang along with the church hymns playing on my old radio. It was cute.
Status update on the hubs: He was finally back on the road again this morning after spending two days cooped up in a hotel room waiting for the truck to be looked at for possible repairs. Turned out that it didn't need any which was confusing because they did catch on fire again. He has an estimated three more days of training before heading back to Dallas, TX to take one last test and be on his own. Plus get paid more. Hopefully see him soon for his family time home. I miss him very much and pray for safe traveling where ever he my go.
Love you sweetie and I'm proud of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment