The morning started as usual with every one up at 6 am. I was dragging my feet doin' the mommy thing in feeding the kids and getting them settled for a little morning play time. While they were busy. I slipped into the shower real quick at 8. Done with the shower and dressed I checked on the boys. To my relief, nothing had been broken or some one hurt screaming bloody murder. Peace was upon the house again today.
Sat with the kids on the couch for a little bit and then went into the kitchen to make the Sunday brunch pancakes. Accompanied by some kind of fruit. It was yummy and I finally got ALL the dishes in the house cleaned and put away for the first time in about a year. Yeah!! That's a big deal for me because we eat at home a lot. So there is always something dirty sittin' in the sink or next to it. I got'er done. *Big smile* After that we relaxed watching some cartoons. At 11, Got started on getting ready for church. Then the boys dressed and off we went out the door by 12:15.
Was at church with 5 minutes to spare before starting at 12:30pm. The first hour went as smooth as butter. Dale and Aden played quietly. Stopping every now and then to eat cheerios or take turns cuddling with me. It was nice. 2nd hour, Dale went off to primary excitedly. Aden and I went to the baby class. Which was fun watching my little toddler playing nicely with another one. Going from parent to parent asking for whatever snack they had. Super cute. The last hour was spent wondering the halls. The baby did not want to go to sleep for any reason. So he walked and looked around. Of course I was not alone. Another mother with her 8 month old was out there too and we chatted a little about our kids.
Church was done and all the kids were outside playing on the big lawn. Dale was super happy, full of energy because his friend Lucy had moved back from Denver, CO. Her mom and dad were having trouble finding a good place to live plus the schools weren't working out. Also they own two houses in the ward and have to sell one of them before buying another. They haven't been landlords long enough for the bank to mortgage a third house. Anyway, a strange thing happened while the kids and I were outside. One of the other mothers that doesn't really talk to me because we have totally different views on how to raise our boys. Tried to talk to me. I could tell she was nervous. She asked me how things were going with my hubby being gone and that my boys seem to be doing really well. My response was not what she expected with the look on her face. I told her that yeah they're fine. We stick to a routine and have video chats with my husband just about every day. Every thing is good. She told me that was good to hear. However, I could tell in her voice and her body language that she was expecting a completely different answer to her inquiry. Probably some thing like, "OH! it's been horrible without him. Dale keeps acting out and doing bad things and the toddler. . . I don't know. . ." That's just my guess? After that she continued on with other conversations ignoring me again.
When every one was starting their ways to the cars. The boys and I left too. Got home bout 4pm. Aden fell asleep on the 5 minute ride home so I took him and placed him in his crib. Dale and I changed into our regular clothes and sat down to some yummy leftover pizza from the night before. The baby woke just after 5 pm. Fed him. Then bathed the kiddos. Dale was really tired after all the running and racing he did on the big lawn back at church. He was out cold by 7. Nice! Aden was more than ready to go to bed himself 10 minutes after. Sweet! Some evening time to relax and not be up late writing this blog tonight.
I think I will make a cup of chocolate milk for myself tonight. It's been a good day.
Side Note: Weight loss challenge update. I'm still stuck at 176. However the boys and I have been sick. Which is ok. Glad to have not gained anything. This week I will try to get to the gym and hopefully break through this number to a lower one. Here's a link to the challenge I'm competing in.
http://www.60days10dollars.blogspot.com/
Wish me luck and the other folks too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment