Sunday, August 12, 2012

Good Sunday...for the most part...

Well, after yesterday's craziness, today went pretty well. It started nice and early at 4 am this morning so that we could get my husband to the airport. His flight was at 6:55 but we did not want to take any chances with anything that might come up with checking the bags or security. We left home at 4:40 and he was all checked in and through security by 5:30 am. The terminal was almost empty. It was strange however I was grateful that it went so smooth. Thanks to our friend that bought the ticket the day before.

I'm a little jealous though. My husband was sending me pictures from the plane on his phone and was in Dallas all checked in at his hotel by 11:00 am AZ time. Plus, he was suppose to share a room with another person but no one else has shown up and he gets the room all to himself. (nice) Couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you my Heavenly Father... yes thank you.

Meanwhile back at home. . . After leaving the airport Dale was a little up set about leaving so quickly after seeing Daddy up to the security check point area. He didn't want to go home. I needed to figure a way to claim him down. Thinking to myself about yesterday, having to travel to Tucson to rescue my hubby. I never made it the store. So please forgive my lord for I had to go and restock our milk supply as well as to find food for the other meals of this day. . . sorry. . . Amen. Got to the store about 10 minutes before it opened at 6 am. Got in got out with just what myself and the kids needed to get through the day also church. We were back home by about 7:15 or so in the morning.

The rest of the day went fairly normally. Feed the kids breakfast. Got Aden down for his morning nap around 8:30. Took a shower. Made french toast and sliced watermelon for an early lunch because church starts at 12:30pm. Everyone was dressed and out the door to Sacrament at 12:15.

I didn't hear much of the talks due to the fact that this was the first Sunday at church with BOTH kids by myself. Dale was tired and cranky. Aden was well rested and being a complete goof ball with the folks that were sitting right behind us. And Yes I'm the one with the baby that likes to laugh and giggle and say "Uh-Oh!" Just about the whole first hour of church. Once Sacrament was over Dale was happy to be off to primary to hangout with his friends and I headed to the baby class. Which is gospel doctrine where all the folks with babies can come and let the babies be babies while class is being taught. This part I like. After that I only spent maybe 10 minutes in Relief Society. When Aden decided that he was done with being in one place and had to walk around to fight the urge to fall asleep. This was when I missed my hubby the most because if he was there I could have taken Aden to him in priesthood in the cultural hall to walk around instead of roaming the halls. *sigh* Things will be better in about three more months when Aden is old enough to go into nursery.

Anyway, it was hard being there with out my hubby. It would have been nice if some one actually talked to me today instead of just saying "hi" in the hall ways. I feel so alone being at church most of the time. I even tried to talk to a couple of the other mothers in the hall but not much other than them talking to my baby, let alone me. At this point in my life I'm grateful for the church but I'm only going because my children need to go or else they'll forget about it.

It's depressing however I'm used to it. . .

When church was done at 3:30 pm and after the kids played with the other kids for a few minutes. The boys and I were back home around 4:20. Got the kids a snack. Aden down for a short nap and spoke to my husband on the phone. Made dinner and then had a video chat with the kids and my hubby for a few minutes on the computer. Eat dinner, bathed and then sat down to watch a movie. Dale was out cold at 7 and Aden asked for his milk then off to bed by 7:30.

It's been a very long. . .long day and I should get to bed early myself. Hopefully. . . as long as I don't pick up the new book my husband bought me before our weekend adventure began. *sigh-head-desk* zzzz.....     

No comments:

Post a Comment