This morning had started out better than most. Went to bed at 11pm and didn't wake up until the phone rang at 6 am. Gave the boys some ibuprofen before they went to bed last night. Aden was up at the same time my hubby called. After that I got up for the day. However, Mr. Dale was still asleep. He did not wake until 7. That would have been nice to sleep in until 7. Some how I don't think Aden will copy cat Dale on this subject. But. . . I can hope.
Anyway, Dale was feeling much better today and Aden not so much. Poor baby, his nose was dripping like a leaky hose into his mouth and down his chin soaking his shirt. Sneezing a few times. No coughing yet, thank goodness. Fed them breakfast watched them play. It was going good until Dale started asking for daddy's toys. A remote controlled helicopter and a yellow remote controlled truck. *sigh* I had to tell him no because A: the batteries were dead and B: those were daddy's toys and will only be played with when papa is home. This answer did not seem to compute in this little man's head. *crying/whining* Followed. I had to ignore it. After 15-20 minutes of the extremely annoying noise and whining words that I could barely understand. While he was parked on the floor next to the baby gate. He finally calmed down enough for me to talk to him. Turned out that he wanted daddy's toys because he missed his papa and thought that since he was not here and if I didn't tell his dad that I would let him play with dad's toys. That it would be ok. 1 point for creative thinking or what have you. Minus 2 points for throwing a tantrum before talking to me about it.
I placed Aden in his crib for a morning nap because he asked by doing the sign for milk. After that I pulled out some kid friendly puzzle for Dale and I to put together. To cheer him up. When the baby woke. We had lunch, got ready for school, the bus was right on time, got in out of the heat and chilled with Aden on the couch for a bit. He was still not feeling to hot. So I got some much needed extra cuddles from him today. It's strange. Dale loves to cuddle and hug and give kisses all the time. He would spend all day in your lap just as a little puppy, all day long if you'll let him. Aden, however, is almost the opposite. He still gives hugs and kisses. Just not as much as Dale or as often. He always wants to be on the move all the time. The longest he will sit in one place (while he is awake) is in his booster seat buckled in. Other than that, walking, climbing and wigglin'.
We had dinner at 5:30, bathed and a little crazy night time fun. Running back and forth through the family and dinning areas. After that Aden was more than ready for bed at 7:30. *sigh* Dale has discovered how to very carefully take out and put in DVD or blue rays in to the PlayStation 3. He's been very good bout it until tonight. He almost broke the thing by putting more than one disk in the machine at a time. I have the player setup to shut off automatically after a while of inactivity. This is what the player did while the kids were playing. So instead of turning it on and popping the disk out to put in another one. He shoved another disk in. Dale comes running to me in tears. "Mommy! My movie stop working! It's not playing...*crying*" I went to the player to see what was wrong with it. Dale knew he had done something very wrong and was fearful of mommy's anger. "What did you do?!" Is my normal response to seeing some thing that is not right and action to correct is needed. I was able to get the player to pop out the two DVD's and everything was ok. However, for almost breaking the only blue-ray player I have. I took the two movies he wanted to watch very badly tonight away. Result: 10 minutes of "No! Mommy! I wanna watch my movie. . ." I than popped in a much better CALMER movie in for him to watch. He continued his tantrum. Again I ignored and soon he was back to his normal sweet self and realized that he liked the movie I put in for him to watch. Now all thing are right with the world again. *head desk*
No comments:
Post a Comment