Sunday, August 19, 2012

Service and Cookies

I know it maybe a recurring theme about being soo tired in the mornings. Well. . . It's my blog and I'll write what I want to. Dale's still sick with a nasty cough that kept going all night last night. Talk about no sleep. Oy. . . He crawled into my bed again last night at 1 am. I didn't care this time. I let him be. However, the coughing was relentless. I gave him some meds but it did not do much good. He kept waking me up and when I finally had it. I woke him up and gave him some more medicine. This was at 4 am. After that the coughing finally claimed down. We both went back to sleep. *sigh* For me it was short lived. 5 AM the baby woke and was hungry. I got him some milk, changed his pants and prayed he fall back to sleep. I went back to bed.

At 6:25 am I was awaken by the sounds of Aden on the monitor and knew it was time to get up no matter what because it was breakfast time. Dale on the other hand, was still sleeping in my bed and then got up bout half hour later. He wasn't feeling good. Just sat on the couch looking just like how I was feeling at that  moment. I asked him if he wanted some thing to eat. He didn't say anything, so I figured he would tell me when he was ready to eat.

He kept coughing all morning long. Not being his usual self. I don't like it when my babies get sick. I always feel bad. A little helpless in a way because you have to let their little bodies fight off the sickness. Some meds help but only in reducing the symptoms so they can get some rest. And what's going to make this worse is that I feel like I'm coming down with whatever he has too. Plus, Aden. He was showing signs of a runny nose. Uh oh. . . I'm grateful my hubby is not here even though I miss him terribly. Now would not be a good time for him to be sick while doing what he is doing.

Anyway, I really felt like I needed to go to church today. I wanted to talk to the bishop about helping us out with one more thing and to try to find a sitter for Wednesday. This meant having to take a sick little boy to church and possibly infect a bunch of other people with his illness. It didn't seem right. Something in the back of my mind kept telling me I needed to keep Dale home. I felt that I needed to get help but Dale is sick. This was going back and forth in my mind. Even while I was making the Sunday pancakes and cutting up a nice juice watermelon. It took a while to decided what to do. I prayed about it. Again that thing in the back of my mind told me to keep him home. Everything else will be alright and work themselves out. After that I had a little talk with Dale. He understands that when your sick you stay home so that we don't get others sick. He really wanted to go to church but did not want to get his friends sick either. Together we decided the best thing was to stay home.

My hubby called me around 8 this morning and was kinda feeling homesick. He and his trainer was stuck in Denver because the trailer they needed to pick up was locked up in a yard with no one going to be there to open it until Monday morning. He wasn't sure what to do today. I told him to look up a local ward in the area he was in and call them to see if a family could pick him up for church. I love it when a man follows the advice of a woman. Makes life a little easier. Anyway, he did just that. A nice family came and got him to church. Yeah! Plus they also let him do his laundry at their house. Fed him and just made him feel like one of the family. (It was nice knowing that he was able to get away from the truck for a little bit.) That's one of many things I love about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. No matter where you go or who you are. There is always some one there to help in a time of need. It was just what my husband needed today.

Mean while, back at home. The kids were done with breakfast and happily playing in the family. I figure that was a good time to slip into a much needed shower before they got hungry again. After my quick shower and was dressed. Sure enough. they were hungry again. I fixed them an early lunch and finally got Aden down for a nap at 11:30. I think he is starting to transition into the nap once a day mode instead of the two. So for the next few days I will let him stay up through out the mornings and see what he does. While Aden was sleeping Dale had made a nice request for a cookie. I didn't have any. He asked if we could make some.
"Ok, what kind would you like?"
Dale: "Chocolate!"
Me: "I have stuff to make chocolate chip."
Dale: "nah, I want chocolate, chocolate cookies."
Me: *heehee* "Well, I don't have stuff to make those kind. Just stuff to make oatmeal or chocolate chips."
Dale: "OK!"
Jumping up and down excitedly.
Me: "What kind would you like?"
Dale: "Oatmeal! With chocolate chips."
Me: "Really? Ok lets go make some cookies."
Dale: "YEAH!!!"

He was feeling a little better but only after the meds kicked in. I let Dale help me put the sugar and stuff in the mixing bowl. When that was done mixing and I guided him back to couch and baked the cookies.
Aden woke up just as I was placing the last of the cookie dough on the sheet to bake. When they were done we sat at the table and enjoyed some yummy cookies with glasses of milk. The afternoon passed by without doing much of anything. I fixed dinner at 5pm. Fed the boys, bathed, played, video chatted with Papa, made a smoothie for dessert and Aden in bed with his brother following soon after. *sigh*

I hope it's been a good day for you sweet heart just as it was for me. Thank you for being in my life and for doing what needs to be done for our family. And giving the opportunity for an other family to preform an act of service today. Love you. Miss you. oxoxoxoxo....    
       

No comments:

Post a Comment