Monday, August 13, 2012

Pins and Needles

Now deep breath, *sigh* good. Today is a Monday. My hubby in Texas and me with the boys here at home. This morning was good except for the baby making noises at 4 am. I got up to get him some milk and when I walked in to the kid's room, he was back to sleep. I went back to bed. 15 minutes later he starts again. I graded the milk out of the fringe. Then went in to their room. He was back to sleep. I go back to bed. 5 am Aden starts making noises again. This time I give him the milk, change the wet diaper and went back to bed. Just as I was starting to dose off again. Dale, my 4 year old, comes and plops down on me and says, "Good morning mommy! Can I have some honey kind of cheerios? Please. . ." This was a little before 6 am. I tell him I will in a minute and roll over to go back to sleep. The baby was still quite on the monitor and I was in no hurry to get up AGAIN at that moment. Plus, Dale knows that he can get something else to eat out of the fringe if he was really hungry. It might seem like a mean thing to do. Not getting up right away to feed the kid that can almost do most things by himself. Even for a 4 year old. One of my goals as a mother is to make sure that my children become independent and can do things for themselves. Does this mean he'll make a mess of the kitchen? Yes. Does this bother me? Of course. Will I get mad at him for it? No because that just means he needs a little more guidance and reassurance that he can do it on his own as well as to get more practice to get it right. It may seem strange but I get excited when they do things themselves. Knowing that its one more step away from being cute, smiley little babies. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't.

Anyway, now the pins and needles part of the day. In order for my husband to secure his new job. He has to pass a series of tests. Written, driving, lifts, leaders and a physical. Texas is about two hour ahead of Arizona in time. So, I don't have to wait as long during my day to get the results. Still it was nerve racking to wait for that phone call from my the love of my life. At around 10 am, after getting up feeding the kids, myself and watching them play in the family room for a little while. Then put Aden down for his morning nap. I get the call. . . He past his driving test! Yeah! I was soo excited and happy but he was not done yet. There was the physical left to do. He told me that he would call me after he was done. No problem, he has passed the one here. He should pass there just fine.

Aden wakes up not to long after I get off the phone. At 11, I made the boys some lunch and then helped Dale get ready to catch the bus to ride to preschool. Walked out the door at 11:56 just as the bus pulls up EARLY to his bus stop. Normally it's there by 12:05 but not today. I scooped up the baby and jogged the kids to the bus. Got him on the bus. Then blew kisses to Dale through the window as it pulled away. Walked Aden back to the house, sat and played with him until I got the call from my hubby.

He was in a little bit of a panic because the trucking company's doctor told him that he needed a note from our doctor that he could stop taking his ADHD meds today or they will not be able to hire him. What?!. . . My hubby asked me to call our doc. to make sure that she could do that without having to see him. We both called and the receptionist said that she will talked to our doc and then let us know. I'm praying that this won't be a problem for our doc since we were already in the process of getting him off the meds. 0.05mg tablets every other day with just one more month to go but hey it shouldn't hurt to stop today. Bad part about this is that neither one of us heard back from the doc. So. . . tomorrow, when they're open, I will be calling and if that doesn't work. I will go down to her office in person and talk to her myself. The trucking company has to have that note faxed to them before 12 noon their time. 10 am AZ time or they will send my hubby on a bus ride home.  We can't afford that to happen. We're broke. . . and I MEAN broke with moths flying out of my coin purse broke. Can't put things off any longer. This is it and it needs to work or we'll be in a hole so deep there is no gettin' out. I pray and I asks all who read this besides my husband to pray for us. Our family needs him to get this job. Please. . . Heavenly Father. . . please. . .

The rest of the afternoon was spent worrying and playing with the baby. Yes I can do both. I'm a mom. Aden got a little fussy around 2pm and I asked him if he was ready for his afternoon nap. He nodded yes and gave me the sign for milk. At 4 pm the baby was still asleep in his crib. So I slipped out the front door to wait for his brother at the bus stop. It was HOT. 112 today. Ouchy. . . The bus was 20 minutes late and I knew that Aden would be more then awake by the time Dale and I got in out of the heat. I fixed dinner, got it in the oven to bake and then got the kids on the computer for a video chat with their Daddy before he went to bed. It was soo cute with Aden saying. "daddy, daddy, daddy. . ." with a big smile. Plus Dale telling him what he had done at school today. With I love yous and blown kisses good night. My hubby went to bed and I went to feed the boys dinner, bathed, a little playtime and then a movie. Again Dale was out cold on the couch by 7 and the baby wanted in bed at 7:40. An early evening to myself again. Can't complain about that however I miss having my best friend around to cuddle up with. My little doggie is ok but still not the same.

Again, I will pray that all will be well. For us and for anyone else that might need it too.




No comments:

Post a Comment