Saturday, August 11, 2012

Greyhound Woes

The day started out nice and early at 4:30 am because my husband was due to take the Greyhound bus from here at home to Dallas, TX to start his new job as a professional truck driver. The depot was suppose to open at 6:45 am but the girl that works there did not show up until 7. We were there at 6:30 and it was already about 100 degrees this morning waiting outside. His bus was scheduled for boarding at 7:05 am which was a little annoying. Anyway, he was on the bus and on his way at 7:15.

My next stop was here back at home to get the kids breakfast. I didn't bother to wake them before leaving to the bus depot. So, the boys were feed and off we went to another family's house to drop them off to play so that I could go to the office to do some book keeping training and a management meeting with my husband and I business partner. Things were going well until my phone starts to ring/vibrate repeatedly. I finally answered it. It was my hubby on the other end in a panic because he was stuck in Tucson. The bus going to El Paso was full and the next bus out was not until tomorrow morning. He had no way of getting home or getting to the next stop. This was bad b/c he needs to be in Texas, in a hotel lobby, ready to go to his new job by 6 am Monday morning their time which is two hours ahead of AZ time.

We had to find a way to get him there. Our business partner over heard what was going on on the phone and  step in to save the day. He bought an airline ticket for my hubby so that he can make it to Dallas in time to start his new job. I'm so thankful for people such as our business partner.

Now the fun part. Getting my husband back home from Tucson. After finishing up getting the airline ticket squared away. I headed to the gas station, filled up the car, (Ouchy) picked up the kids, got home, grab some extra snacks, diapers, loaded up the car and headed out for Tucson to rescue my hubby.

It was a lovely four hour round trip to get him and head back home. My two boys eat there lunch in the car and then passed out for the first half of the trip. Sleeping children on road trips long or short is always a plus. The second half was nice with the two entertaining each other in the back seat while my husband drove and as I watched this HUGE dust storm build up behind us; chasing us all the way home. I'll post pics of this later.

Anyway, we got home around 5 pm just in time for me to make dinner and watch the dust storm completely cover everything outside in a fine layer of red dust. I'm not to terribly happy about this because I had just sprayed my back yard with some all natural bug repellent and now its not much use with it being covered in dust. *sign* I will have to clean it up and apply again on Monday. 

The rest of the evening went as normal with dinner, a bath followed by a little play time. Then brushed the teeth and in bed for story time and lights out by 8:30 pm.

I have to say this was not what I had in mind with my plans today. But it was nice to get out on the open highway for a little bit and that tomorrow we will be up at the butt crack of dawn to get him on a plane to Dallas. Praying extra hard that things will work out this time. Please...    

No comments:

Post a Comment