Tuesday, August 28, 2012

After School Conversation

Oy. . . I was so down last night that I couldn't sleep. Didn't get to bed til midnight or something like that. This morning we were up at 6 am. I keep praying that they'll sleep in. But. . . Oh well.

We followed the same routine of breakfast, play time and me doing some emails. Only thing different about this morning was putting together Dale's project for school. He loves doing anything arts and crafts. When he draws or paints or glue or color. He never places his objects in the middle of the paper. It's always to the sides and around the edges. Can't color in between the lines either. But you know what? I still love each and ever one of his creations. Dale's project for today was to put together a piece of art work that represents what the student likes best about school.

This was not an easy one for Dale to decide. So I cut out some shapes from some colored craft paper. A bus, a slide, bucket and shovel, a trike, couple books and some crayons. He was soo excited that I did that part for him. After that he glued the shapes on to another piece of paper. When it was done and dry I placed it gently into his back pack for him to take to school.

After that we had lunch and got Dale out to the bus. I always wonder what they do at school? The staff and teachers always encourage parents not to stay because for some kids it makes the process of being away from mom and dad a whole lot harder. They do have fun activity days were we can come and have fun with the kids. But it's not quite what I think goes on. The kids always act different when the parents are around. Anyway, I guess the biggest reason why I don't know is because Dale can't seem to remember how his time went except for a few things. Sometimes I get more information later during dinner time. Here is the common conversation:

Dale gets off the bus.
Me: "How was school today?"
Dale: "Good."
Me: "Did you have fun?"
Dale: "Yeah!"
Me: "What did you have for snack time?"
Dale: "Yeah. . . I have fish crackers. . .milk. . . and bug bites!"
Me: "Really? That sounds yummy. . . but what are bug bites?"
Dale: "I don't know? . . .there yummy. . . like chocolate!"
Me: "Ok? Did you have story time?"
Dale: "no."
Me: "Did you look at books?"
Dale: "No. . . teacher read book. . .I like reading books."
Me: "Oh. . . do you know how to read?"
Dale: "Mom! I try to. . . I don't know how. . . I read when I get more bigger. Yeah. . . when I more big like Daddy. . . I learn  read better."
Me: "Ok? . . . Did you learn anything new today?"
Dale: "I don't know?"
Me: "hmm. . . Did you learn any new letters or numbers?"
Dale: "I. . . don't. . . know?"
Me: "Did you do anything at school today?"
Dale: "Yeah! . . .We played and color and run round play ground. . . yeah. . . with my friends."
Me: "Cool. . . Do you know your friends names?"
Dale: "I don't know? . . . I like playing with my friends!"

Yep, that's how most of my conversations with Dale goes about school.

Anyway, Dale was off to school. Aden and I took a nap around one. He was up at 2:30. We had some grapes and chilled on the couch til it was time to get Dale. I fixed dinner, bathed them, smoothie, video chat and Aden off to bed at 7:15. Then snuggled up with my boy until he fell asleep at 8:30. Asleep or not that's his normal bed time.

I love you honey and I pray for safe travels to you. . . oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment