This morning was a little better than yesterday and a whole lot better than the day before. It started with an early morning love call from my love, followed by my 4 year old climbing into my bed around 6 am. We hugged and cuddled for a minute when the sounds of his little brother came singing out of the monitor. I was soo tried. I didn't want to get up but the nagging mommy side of me got me up to tend to the baby. All was well until I got another call from my hubby telling me that things were not quite done yet. My jaw about hit the floor. Oh no. . . This time was the final approval of his employment history. The trucking company only needed three years worth. However, the hubs been self employed the whole time and was subject to farther review before giving him the, "all go." YOUR HIRED! *sigh*
So, I spent the day worrying and doing the mommy thing of covering that up so that Dale won't worry because mama is worried. I feed them breakfast, took care of some emails, played with the boys for a little bit and then put Aden down for his morning nap at around 9:30 am. He didn't sleep long. Aden was up and ready for more at 10:20. Hmm. . . not his usual thing but ok? At 11 I made them lunch but for some reason Aden did not eat at that time and Dale just wanted to color instead of lunch. All right, I guess they're just not very hungry today. Which is strange because they have been eating like little mini me teenagers all week so far. And what was more unusual was Aden not shoving his banana in his month like no tomorrow. I can only guess that the stress of a busy week just catching up with them. I know for me its lurking around the corner. But I must keep going for my kids need me to be here and be strong! Sure. . .be strong? I dunno? Well at least not let them know that I'm about ready to crack. This is not easy but I know in my heart that things will work out because some much needed prayers have been answered.
At 11:56 we were out the door to get Dale to the bus. The boys played in the dirt and rocks next to the sidewalk until the bus arrived at 12:10. Once Aden and I were back in my nice cool house because it has been in the 100+ degrees for the last two months and you can't be outside for more than a minute before the sweat starts dripping down your forehead. I hate this time of year here in AZ. I have so many little complaints about it but I'm not going to spend the time borin' ya'll with my tantrums in writing.
Anyway, I was still waiting for my hubby's call on the yea or nay from the company. I was nervous. Every time my phone did anything. I would start to shake and feel the butterflies attacking my stomach. Oy. . . At 12:30, Aden was finally hungry for the lunch that I made for him and happily eat it as well as shared it with the dogs that have planted themselves right under his chair. One on each side while starring intensely at the floor or the child wait for the food to drop. It's cute but I know it is not healthy for the dogs to eat people food. but hey, what can ya do if the baby is doing it when I'm not looking? The afternoon felt like it was going on forever. Waiting for that phone call, playing with the baby and chilling on the couch for a few minutes trying to claim my nerves. I really have a hard time doing anything when I'm feeling this way, really hard. I said a prayer.
The minute I was done and opened my eyes. . . The phone rang. It was my husband. The butterflies attacked again. I answered. In a low kind of quite voice, "I've got some really wonderful news for you." Yeah? "I"M HIRED! They approved. It's done and now I'm just waiting to meet my trainer and get started. YEAH!!!" What a RELIEF! Man, I felt like falling to floor. Whew! I could breath again. It was final and my prayers answered.
I put Aden down for his afternoon nap and just sat on the couch with a BIG bowl of yummy black cherries I had bought at the store yesterday. Wow. . . Any who, the baby was up and happy to be out of the about 40 minutes before having to brave the heat again to wait for Dale to come home on the bus. Got in out of the heat. I gave the kids a snack, cooked dinner, fed them, bathed them, did a short video chat between the kids and Daddy. Said our good nights to Papa. A few minutes after that Dale requested a yummy fruit smoothie. I figured why not its only 6:30. I went into the kitchen to make one for me and Dale with a straw to share with Aden. When I came out. Dale was out cold. He had fallen asleep within two minutes of asking for the smoothie. I put his in the fridge and shared mine with the baby. After that I scooped Dale up, put him in bed and started a movie to watch with his little brother that was so not ready to go to bed yet. 10 minutes to 8, he was ready and I put him to bed also.
I'm so thankful for everything. I'm thankful for the many people that have prayed for my family and still continue to pray. I thank you. I also thank our Heavenly Father for all the blessing in my life. Thank you.
P.S. If you were wondering why all the movies is because I love movies and I don't have cable. So, Netflix is the entertainment service of choice as well as the Just for Kids setup. Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment