I don't understand it. This morning Dale was up at 6 and Aden slept in until 7. *ugh* Is there ever going to be a morning where they both sleep in? At the same time. For the same amount of time. *sigh* I guess they'll be teenagers by the time that happens. Oh well.
AND WOW! The thunder and lightning storm that rolled through here last night was awesome! It had rained so hard that I could hear it without my hearing aids. I could feel the thunder rumble in my bones. The power flickered, the light from the strikes of lightning flashed through the windows and at one point I heard the thunder rolling along. Then saw another flash of lightning followed by a HUGE explosion of sound. I jumped! It sounded and felt as if two trains had crashed into each other right over my roof. It was cool. It was late and I went to bed after that.
The morning started out ok. Me being tried slow on my feet. The baby happy to see me with a lovely, stinky package awaiting to be cleaned up so we can go have breakfast. Nothing eventful has happened. Just the same routine. Except Aden did not have a morning nap. After Dale left on the bus. Aden and I headed to the UPS store to get the mail. Then the grocery store. Needed to get milk and some more Ibuprofen for the baby. Who's snotty nose and sneezing has turned into a mild cough. I'm praying that this is as bad as it's going to be and he'll get better soon. When we got home around 1:15pm. Aden was more than ready for a nap. I should have too but we got two new movies from Netflix and one of them I wanted to watch while Dale was at school. To make sure that it was appropriate for him to watch. Also it was nice being able to sit down with no noises or children messing around.
The baby woke up in time to go with me to wait for Dale. It was raining. This was a new thing for Aden and he did not like it, did not like it at all. He was more than happy to have me carry his 30 lb little body to the bus stop. While I was holding an umbrella at the same time. Thank goodness the bus was early today. We got back in the house quickly and settle in for the rest of the evening. Started dinner at 4:30, fed the kids, bathed them, had a video chat with Papa and some play time followed by a new movie to watch. I experimented with a green smoothie tonight and the kiddos liked it. Yes! I was getting tired of the mango peach and banana ones. Aden was off to bed a 7:30 and Dale. . . oy. He had left part of a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie on the couch. . . My little dogie ate it. . . I'm praying with all my heart that it was not enough chocolate to hurt my dog. We're still waiting for Dylan's first paycheck and I have no money to take my dog to a vet. Let alone a night time emergency vet. I was so mad at Dale. He was *crying* because he knew that he had done something wrong besides the fact that the dog eat his cookie. It was one of those moments that places you in a helpless position. I told Dale repeatedly not to leave his food on the couch. To always eat at the table. AND to never let the dogs have chocolate because it WILL make them sick and they could died. I've tried explaining to him about death. Had a tough lesson when one of our pets died not to long ago. It was a bird but not the one I've had for 12 years now. Anyway, he understands that you go to heaven but not too sure as to why we have to die to get there. It a complicated thing to have to explain to a 3-4 year old.
This is not what I wanted to do tonight. Worrying about my little dogie. Praying he will be fine. I'm not going to be making anything chocolate for a while. . . :( I miss my husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment