This morning. Waking up. I really didn't want to because Dale is sick and instead of touching my arm or leg, he climbed in bed next to me. Sat there and coughed. . . and coughed. . . and coughed. . . and. . . Until I woke up. Looked at the time. 3:25 am. *ugh* "You need some medicine, huh?" he nodded yes while still coughing into his blanket. I went; got him some medicine and put him back in his bed. I went back to bed.
At 6 am I was awaken again. However it was the phone with my darling on the other end. We talked for a few minutes. The baby started to make noises to the monitor and looking over to my other side was Dale. He had slipped back into my bed. Not sure when because I'm a dead sleeper. Dead to the world when I finally fall to sleep. It wouldn't matter what was going on around me I won't wake up. If it wasn't for my mommy senses, the baby monitor and a morning wake up call from my hubby. I would probably sleep until 8 or 9 am. But of course my children still haven't gotten the memo about how they would benefit from a well rested mommy. Nope, all they get is a mommy, that if you push the right button today. NO body is going to be playing with their favorite toy today and the toys will get locked up out in the laundry room. *sigh* The laundry room. I have to go outside, walk across the patio and unlock it to get inside to wash the clothes and such. It's been soo HOT here! Plus the humidity has been above 50% for the past few days. This means by the time I get the laundry in the washer or dryer or both. I'm drip sweating before I get back in to the nicely cooled house. Did I mention that I hate this time of year? I did didn't I?
Anyway, The kids were up and hungry for breakfast. After they ate Dale went to lay down on the couch while Aden played with a few of Dale's favorite toys. Normally Dale would be throwing a fit over his little brother touching his toys. But not today. He's sick and didn't care. Now if he was not sick this is what I would normally hear because it only happens when I'm in the kitchen or out of sight on the computer for a few minutes.
Aden: *screaming*. . .
Dale: "NO! Aden! Mine!. . .Don't touch!"
Aden: "Huumm. . . Mine!"
Dale: "No Aden."
Aden, *crying*
Me yelling from the other room. "What's goin' on?! Why is your brother screaming?!"
Dale: "Aden touching my toy!"
Me: "Give it back! He was playing with it!"
Dale: *crying* "I don't want to! It's my toy. I was playing with it!"
I walked into the family room.
Aden: *crying* "Mama! mmm mum. . . !"
Me: "Now Dale you give him back that toy. Aden was playing with it."
Aden: *whimpering/crying*
Dale: "No! my toy!"
Me: "Fine. If you don't let Aden play with that toy. I will take it away and you both won't get to play with it."
Dale: *crying* "No mommy. I don't want to. Don't take it away."
Me: "I'll give you til the count of 3."
Dale: *crying*
Me: "ONE."
Dale: " I don't want to."
Me: "Two. . ."
Dale gets up and reluctantly gives Aden back the toy.
Aden instantly happy and giggling again with excitement.
Dale: *frowning* "That my toy. I don't like Aden any more."
Me: "I know sweetie. Just remember he's little and will get bored of it in a few minutes. You'll have to wait until Aden is done playing with it."
Dale: "I don't want to wait. I want it back now."
Me: "I'm sorry sweetie. You'll have to wait your turn."
He starts crying again and at that point I have to ignore it and make sure that nothing else happens. I rarely ever get angry but when I do. Which out! I don't hit my kids. I only spank them on the butt in extreme situations. Such as; running away from me into the street or out of my site. Situations that could possibly get them seriously hurt or killed. That is the ONLY time I spank their bottoms. For everything else is time outs or things taken away. However I do try to encourage good behavior by using a reward system. For example: A special treat after being good and quite at a Doctor's appointment or a $1 toy for sitting in the shopping cart quietly entertaining his little brother. And getting a sticker on his chart at the end of the day for helping me with a chore or two and at the end of the week if he gets all his stickers. We have a fun activity day unless some one is sick.
Any who, that is what I have to be challenged with just about every day. On the bright side, Dale is getting older and is starting to understand things a lot better. So these little fights just stay that. Little and becoming fewer. Thank goodness and the best parenting tips for happy kids is consistency, predictability of the consequences be it good or bad, reassurance, love and lots and lots of hugs.
Now back to the rest of the day. Aden took his morning nap at 9 and was up in time for lunch at 11. After that we went to the store to stock up for the week. Came home. Played for a bit. Had an afternoon snack. Put Aden down for a nap. Dale helped me unload the dish washer. Laundry. Chilled on the couch for a little bit. Made dinner at 5:30pm, ate, bathed, video chatted with Papa. Aden to bed at 7:30 and Dale fell asleep on my arm while we where watching a movie at a quarter after 8. I placed him in bed. Went to write this post and not to long afte I heard this loud thump followed by intense screaming. At first I thought in was the baby but then I say it was Dale. He had rolled right out of bed and smacked right onto the tile floor. Ouch! I picked him up and cuddle with him long enough for him to fall asleep. Then I went back to finishing this post.
Good Night. Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment